Oral Surgical Assistant
We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-directed, dependable Oral Surgical Assistant.
A Question regarding the Job Posting Mentioned Here?
This position completes pre-op tasks including physical exams and recording health history. Under the direction of the oral surgeon, performs first assistant surgical duties. We are a patient-centered practice. The chosen candidate will have a positive attitude and patient-focused approach to ensure a positive experience for our patients.
This position is seeking a candidate that is dedicated, takes accountability for their work, has a willingness to learn and strong work ethic. We will train a dental assistant that does not have surgical experience.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday. Offers benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients for exams/procedures
- Discharge patients with the appropriate post-op instructions
- Responsible for all post-op calls/status documentation
- Taking patient vitals and documenting in EPIC software
- Expose diagnostic radiographs and CBCT
- Prepare clinical rooms with appropriate instrumentation, supplies, and medications prior to exams/procedures
- Scan charts and documentation
- Complete pathology paperwork and deliver to the appropriate pathology vendor
- Strictly adhere to HIPAA standards
- Write patient progress notes
- Conducts patient education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Working knowledge of HIPAA
- Knowledge of dental terminology or medical terminology and procedures
Education and Experience:
- Will train students
- X-Ray certified preferred
- CPR certified
- Experience working with computer programs: Word, Outlook, Excel